Thursday, March 10, 2011

That song, that summer.


I am listening to a song, from my childhood.  This is not a song I like personally, it was a song a friend of mine loved.  And through this song it has given me my summer from way back then. Yes she played this song non-stop!

Everytime I hear this song I am transported to being 17/18 at the time; the summer was hot that year, heat waves and boys.  But most of all, I had to learn to deal with other peoples tastes.  Yes, I did grow up with family that had different taste to mine, but I come from a "we all get an equal share background-ish"; this girl was not.

Oh, it frustrated me that this girl could not see pass her own wants and needs.  I have dealt with selfish people before, but not like this. Sadly she was not the last. Oh the stories I could  tell you but that would not be very good idea, as it is messed up.  Don't get me wrong we did have good times and that summer was wonderful, just with a lot of dramas.  I hate dramas.

But now I have blocked most of those silly things and think of the good things that summer, like boys and independent living.  I guess this is just an introduction to that summer.

Here is the song I can't stand. 
Eiffel 65-Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment