Friday, March 25, 2011

A Name Change

My friend hates her name that I gave her, fair enough.  So now, I am searching my brain on what kind of name to give her. She wants a name from a suburb we grew up in. Nah.. A name that will represent her, something really cool.  And here's a story.
                                                               . . .
The year I finished High School; that summer was sweltering.  I think I have mentioned it was the summer that I grew up, but I also like to mention that it was a brilliant year for me too.  Late at night I would go to her house; she's a night owl and you always know when you are approaching her house as the music is blaring away.  Seriously, no consideration for others at 10pm.  She is kind of obsessed with music, just like me.

I would come over and she would show me the new music she was listening to, I would remind her, “that was popular, last month?”.  But one night, she puts on Bob Marley, now I have never heard his music before, as my mother does not listen to it.  But this Bob song sounded really fresh.  “Yeah, it is my summer song” she replies.  And plays it non-stop.  It was modernised for people like me.  “Sun is Shining”, the song is called. By Bob Marley vs Funkstar Deluxe

For the whole summer I heard this song, next to others, but this song has great memories of her being silly and me making her laugh, by doing my very poor impersonations of others.

Now, what is her name going to be now? It is going to be Luxe, borrowed from Funkstar Deluxe. I wanted something that was cool and sweet. Whats the definition of Luxe? Elegant and sumptuous; yeah that sounds like her. Say hello to “LUXE!”

Here is our summer song! 

No comments:

Post a Comment