Thursday, March 17, 2011

Heartbreak

So by popular demand, I will write about heartbreak.  

I hate to say good bye, it is so hard, it makes me cry and I never want to let go.  When I stood there in front of the man I loved, trying to tell him I can’t be with him was hard.  But little did he know that I was battling with this feeling for months, as he slept upstairs I was downstairs crying at the kitchen table trying to fall back to, in love with him.  He thought I was watching television.

In the dead of the night I would be thinking of the lovely things he did for me, the text messages he would send me.  I would smile and that would convince me till morning, but then he would wake up kiss me good morning, I would roll over and feel nothing and so the heartbreak would start all over again.  I knew I had to say something soon.

He came home from work, I struggle to look at him.  I stood there.  I blurted it out.  I don’t remember much as there was yelling and screaming and crying.  We were over.  Then some days later he asked me, “how could you just stop loving me?” I could not respond, he glares at me, “you want the whole world, you want everything, you can’t have it all”.  He is right, he looks down and says “I love you”. I was shocked, I stepped back and my heart broke, I felt no love. This was the man who I loved with the very fibre of my soul; gone.

In truth he was right I want the whole wide world, but the world I want, is not the one he can give me and that is my heartbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment