Friday, March 4, 2011

Home

I am far away from my hometown, probably one of the most furthest points I could be.  But thank god for technology, so I can keep in contact with my friends.  But when you make a decision to leave, it is a big step.  Not for one year you are leaving or even two, but it is forever.When do you know that you are leaving?  You just know, deep down in your soul.  In fact I have moved to several countries.  

The first memory I have of ever knowing this was when I was a child in the school playground, called the “Paddock”.  So there I was on the grass looking up at the sky and then to my friends, smiling at them.  I knew right there that I will not complete Primary School or attend High School with them.  Guess what I was right.  I left a year or two later: another country.  To a country I call hometown, I grew up there.  I have wonderful stories and sad stories too. But ultimately it is my hometown.  But deep in my soul I knew I would not live there forever and everyone knew it too.

So, I grew up.  I met a boy and followed him to the other side of the world. And I live there now, I did run back to my hometown, my relationship did not work, but hometown slapped me and said “this is not the place for me anymore”. Devastated! So I sat on the couch, waited for my Taxi Cab to come home. On that plane I went, that long haul flight; alone and scared. I was thinking “would they accept me back?” They did. They loved me. I am sold.  

I look back at my hometown, knowing I will never get back there.  It was the past, now I am the future. I am at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment