Monday, June 6, 2011

Your Name

What’s in a name? Does your name hold a magical key to your life? Does the name your hold power.  And does it describe you?

I remember in High School my English Teacher was discussing about names one day.  And she admitted that she like a certain type of name and how she does not like it shorten.  She claims that if you shorten or allow people to shorten your name you are giving your strength/power away.  I do believe she is right in most ways.  But what happens if you have a really complicated long name like myself?  My mother is a closet hippie.

I’ve shorten my name to suit my personality type.  Because my birth name does not really represent who I am as a person. In fact I’ve had a few name changes due to my life path.  So, as I got older I choose what I choose and that's it.  To me this is my real name, my full name in my eyes.  This is how people see me. My representation.

I do believe that what people call you, is some form of evoking a spirit claimed.  When you think about it we pass on a name from one generation to another to stake our claim upon this earth.  Don’t we say? “I’m a (name), thats who we are”. See, a state of claimed power.  Look at the Royal families and the Wealthy.  Their names are a reckoning.  Their name describe a path that must be taken. Have you followed your family names path. Good or Bad?

I know you will say, “but my family are drunks and blah, blah!” I’m talking beyond that, the ones that know who they are, and where they come from; your essence. People can pass on genetic material easily but passing on a name, and holding truth and strength behind it, that's something else all together. That's latent.

When I go out there in the world of Real Life, I state my First name and Surname with PRIDE. Because I know who I am, where I come from.  My name has power in it, it has created a path for me. I will echo my name to reinforce myself as a person.  You can tag me what you want, but I will state my name, C-L-E-A-R-L-Y. My name is me and it holds the real truth about me.

What does my name mean in modern day English? Song in the Woodlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment