Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Me and My daughter

I love the show “Gilmore Girls”, this is my daughters and I favourite song (we have plenty more).  We sing this song together. What is this show about, it is a show about a Mother and Daughter growing up together.  Yes thats us, we are growing up together and dealing with life unexpected throes, but discounting them; because we have each other to laugh at it, with our spiffy personalities.

She is such a pleasure to hang about.  She is so centred and aware of her surroundings and I am thrown by her intelligence. I was never like her:organised. Plus, she has this uncanny talent to think before she speaks.  I can tell you that I don’t posses this gift. She is like that character Rory Gilmore but with more punch to her. Yes, that my genes being passed on.

Now, me with her. It is wonderful, we don’t have to say very many words to understand what is going on in each others worlds. We are linked. Sometimes I forget that we need to say actual words because it can be a bad habit.  But when we do we just get each other. So many words and feelings are expressed when we are together, our eyes just connect and then we hug each other. Conversation is done. Then we sing together.

But then we have those moments where, I explain the world to her, it can be so harsh for this gentle soul. She is gentle inside and out. Where as I can handle the crazy. Then she has those moments that she thinks I’m horrible and so is the world.  So what do I do when I’m in that situation? I sing a song to her, from the bottom of the stairs, whilst she has the door slammed in my face.

I sing out to her, till she sings back a response. There is this advert song I call out to her. Called “Thats Just Me”. And then she comes down singing... “That’s just me”.  Life can be a musical, if you allow it, well in my life it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment