Monday, June 20, 2011

My Styles Growing Up.

Oh I remember growing up, I had a new look every single minute of the day.  Being a teenager is very daunting and confusing.  I wonder sometimes what my mother thought seeing her daughter going from one look to another. Confused?

Since I was not allowed to touch my hair (until later) I did experiment with clothing. I went to hippie clothing to grunge to boys clothes to ravers all the way to geek chic.  But eventually I ended up as urban city chic at 19.  And thats when my friend Stephanie came into the picture to help me pick a look for myself. I started to look like a more together and sophisticated. Thank the gods I met her.

As I reached into my 20’s my life made a dramatic turn, I met my now ex-husband, had a child and moved to the other side of the world, still currently doing by the way.  With that, Europe introduced me to colours, shapes, patterns and drama. When I look at my clothes, it is a bit dramatic and subtle.  I say it has undertones, others don’t. I guess it’s abit old fashion but with a punch of flair. Eccentric for others.

When I was eventually allowed to cut my hair (16) I did everything that I could and it freaked my mother out.  I think she wondered if I would come back with hair at all.  I have come home with boy short hair. She was not impressed.  I guess it has to do with the fact she had very curly hair and well, I didn’t, besides my hair grows extremely fast and still does. The reason why I changed my hair so frequently is because I knew there would come a time that I will need to be sensible. Yuck. Right now my hair is a bob, a shaggy bob that has 1920’s-30’s feel. I kind of like this new look.

Now you are probably wondering why I’m talking about this. I don’t know. I guess I just wanted to talk about growing up. And finding your style in your appearance is part of it. I’ve had so many styles and proud of it too. I wonder what look I would have when "I like super old like??".

No comments:

Post a Comment