Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Freedom

I woke up laughing. I was thinking of my childhood, as bad as it was. There is this one exert in my life where I had enough..

Every week mum with would take us to a lovely stylish restaurant ordering food for her subservients (her two children, Sunny and Saturn). The generous waitress would give us a menu to read, like we had a choice, so we pretend to order the chips and not the exotic healthy food. As the curious girl I was, peers up from her menu looking at other people drinks wanting to have a glass of coke with the red straw. But no. My health nut mother only wants Orange Juice for her children...Sigh. Not even going to bother to ask her, as her head and eyes would rise up with her mouth tightly clenched without, verbally shouting NO!

But this time I have plucked up the courage and a plan! Like every other bored child I had a menu and I can read; most people don't even bother to look at the back page but kids do. Why you ask. It has the dessert and drinks section on it. Right there I saw a loop hole, it was the price.
FRESH ORANGE JUICE $3.75
COKE $1.20

Oh my god! This is the time when you can actually say "YES" to being poor. This is what I said to mother. "ah.. mum.... did you know that orange juice is nearly four dollars and and a fizzy drink is like only one dollar". Heart rate beating, mothers head was rising, eyes were getting larger and darker, the lips oh the lips,.... duuuccck!......"Really?" she spoke, stunned I sat "um yeah, it is on the back page mum" . Everyone on the table opened the menu and all said "wow, it is nearly the same price as the entrée", Mother looks at me and the menu and says "would you like a coke or a fanta?" "sprite" I replied.

That night my brother looked at me like I was a hero I received my Sprite in a glass with a red straw and so did he. Mother order and another entrée with the money she would have spent on our drinks.

So the whole point of the story was that I may had been under tyranny rule but I had found away to break away from it. She blamed everyone for corrupting me, lets just face it, if it was not for that smelly dark cold box she put me in. I would not have found the weak points to get out and smell FREEDOM.

Oh yeah, I know I said I wanted a Coke, but I changed my mined I was 8. And for the record I still hate Orange Juice and all juices. Dam Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment