Friday, February 11, 2011

Validation

I have been searching for validation, looking for someone to give me a hint or a clue about me.  But I am not finding it.  Why? Cos, no matter what they say it is never going to be good enough. Stupid brain.  Now you are going to say, “crap, this girl is messed up!”, well yeah, sure I am. But so are you.  Name me one person that is perfect?? NONE! That’s what.  I understand this is a more serious entry, it’s just another part of me; my offerings.  I have accepted the fact that there is exposure to myself here and I thought you may as well see this side,  you know get the full spectrum.

So, after I have been asking around for blog advice from people, or should I say, I have been looking for validation from people!  None have really given me anyway.  I mean, what do I want from them?  What do I want... I want people to take notice at what I am doing or finally understand me in a broader sense.  But then I got this email, from a very old, old very old friend.  And he gave me some sort of what you call, “smack-in-the-face”, email.  Like he insults me, and then proceeds to tell me who I really am.  Shucks.

Who am I? Different! That is who I am, and because of that, I may not be able to relate to the people around me very well or them to me, but people can see that.  This is the reason why they like about me, being different. STRANGE?!?  And now, I take a shower, fix my hair, greasepaint my face on and put my best shoe forward and slap-some-silly-sense into me.  Why? Cos, I’m different. That’s what I love about me, and that's what they love about me.

What did this old friend say to me? I will tell you.

“you see the world in a way no other does, appreciate what you have and realise how lucky you are”.

So yes, I am giant ball of crazy, that's me! And I should stop doubting myself, that’s me again.  Hey, I was validated, even if he did try to insult me by saying “stop spamming your s&*t, sorry”.  Hmmm.... Luckily I know him well enough, or I was going to stab him with my wordy-words! Prick!

1 comment:

  1. Exactly, no-one is perfect. Its the imperfections that make a person special and unique. Just by being you makes those things. You don't need someone to tell you that you're funny or smart or x,y and z. You simply are those things. And if you weren't exactly the way YOU are then we wouldn't be such good friends.
    While you may wish to be validated you don't need to be. Yes, you are a big ball of crazy and that is one of the wonderful things about you.

    Also, your friend must be very, very old ;)

    ReplyDelete