Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Valentines Day

I am spending my Valentine’s day baking chocolate cake.  In fact I have been doing this for years, it’s my tradition. I remember the first time I baked a cake my for the man I loved, back then. For Valentine’s Day.  I need to inform you I can’t bake. I have been baking since I was a little girl and had professional bakers help me as well, yet I have failed.  Now lets get back to the real story.  

Here I am working hard, cooking the best dam meal with all the trimmings and from scratch.  So, for the last course I am making him Chocolate Fudge Brownies, but since I want it to be healthy I use very coarse wheat as flour and proceed to follow the recipe.  But I notice something strange, it’s getting heavy. Oh well, I throw it in the oven, presto it is done.  So we eat the meal I made and now it is time for the brownies... Its heavy to carry out of the oven and hard to cut. But he bites, bangs his chest, coughs wheezes out, “milk please!” And swallows.  He looks at me, choking and tries to clear his throat and it has a ton of chocolate in it as well and says. “thank you, I love it”. I go “really?”.  He gets up smiles and finishes the last bit of his square fudge brownie, banging his chest for the brownie to go down in to his stomach.

So, now we are not together, and my baking has improved slightly, just this time my cakes just crumbles and it is much lighter.  I do still bake my chocolate fudge brownies for me now, for one; on Valentine’s Day.  It does not make me sad that I am alone, I mean I have great memories.  Every time I take a bite, I smile and laugh from all the times when I nearly kill the man I used to love, when I baked for him; on Birthday’s, Anniversaries and Valentine’s Day. I guess that’s love right?

2 comments:

  1. LOL - you've described that first experience perfectly - I think all of us have memories similar to that, I know I do! Thanks for taking me back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome, I just love those memories.

    ReplyDelete