Friday, February 18, 2011

Magic Show

Okay, I like Magic Shows but I don’t attend them.  Why? Well, I had a bad experience.  

When I was 10-ish my family went to see a magic show, with my mothers friends and their children as well. It was the most exciting thing I have every heard of, going to the magic show, because I love magic and seeing it in real life was, all my Christmas's and birthdays coming true.  So, we walked into the theatre and sat in our hard to see the show seats (middle-high seats , I was short, still am), and the magician with a tall hat and his black magician regalia was in display for us to be in awe of him.  But typical me pointed out that it was a very silly idea to wear black as the back drop was black too! “How am I am suppose to see him, with that silly tiny black table as well!” Ungrateful? Yeah maybe be but, the show was at night and I was the girl that wore bright colours. Yellow and Red. Still do!! Hint, hint my name kind of gives it away.

Right now we are in intermission, “yay, playtime!” Here; us four kids, Mr Saturn (my brother) and the other to kids Dan and Lucy.  They were a few years older than us, but great fun.  Getting back to the story, we all ran down to the stage and we sat against the stage discussing about the show with the other children who were there too.

Then all of a sudden I was falling, I landed on my back I looked around and saw a dark room with stairs and poles and I just happen to be on a footpath. On my feet, I looked up, the door I fell through  was closed but, I could not talk as I was winded, so what does a 10 year old do? Jump! And trying to bang that door, but it was so far up. Eventually people found me. Under the stage, cold and frightened. And my friends pulled me out, I think, I don’t remember as I was still in a state of shock.  And I ran to where my mother and her friends were and they checked if I was okay, whilst laughing at me...

Later that night I asked how come it took them so long to realise I was gone, I mean I was sitting right next to them.  Lucy replied ”well, you were answering the question and next thing you know it, I felt a gush of wind come passed me. BANG! You were gone, I did not know where you went”.  I felt stunned. So I curiously answered,“didn’t you notice that door I was leaning on?” she went no, and they were looking all around the place, it took them the whole 15 minutes to realise that I was leaning on a trap door. Hmmm Curious.

So the announcement was made stating all children must stay seated with their parents and they locked the trapped door. So the question is, "Do I like Magic Shows yes, will I attend them, NO!"

No comments:

Post a Comment