Sunday, September 18, 2011

Becoming an Adult.




I've been under a lot stress. I'm becoming an adult, this is very scary for me. I've always had someone to hold my hand and guide me; they were their to catch me, I trip quite easily. I don't know why? I know I can do it, I'm a fairly strong individual, I'm also quite hapless too.

Right now I've got bills to pay and I'm doing it properly for the first time. I also got a car with insurance on it -with my name on it, yes I did the research myself too. I feel glad. Its kind of like; I'm gaining self esteem. Strange huh? I wonder why this is. I am a very partnered type character. I'm always with some one. I guess this is the first time I am completely alone.

I think thats what it is. I'm on my own for the first time since I was a teenager. But can you really call yourself actually single when you are a child? You do have parents looking after you, feeding you and telling you what to do. I rather think not. You are still partnered, or reliant on others for your well being. So, really I've never experienced singledom/adulthood until now! WHOA, I'm nearly 30.

Now I'm nearly 30 in a few months, I've learnt how to drive and can drive. Paying my own bills, finishing off my degree in Business (finally) and gaining friends who are a lot more mature than I've express in my past 30 years of living. The only bad part about being an adult is the stress of it, but I like it. The stress has giving me independence and self esteem that I can do it. Finally.

2 comments:

  1. You sound like you've REALLY got your head together Sunny - Best wishes to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Louise, it is still hard work being an adult! :)

    ReplyDelete