Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Standing the Test of Time


I've been friends with my best friend Stephanie, since I was a fresh face teenager. The truth is, we were never friends on the first day we met. Our friendship blossomed and took its time. I honestly believe that she is the only person I've ever did the whole relationship with another person, right.

When I first met her she was a mess; I was a mess too. Reaching into our teens was awful. We were both subjected to bullying and family life was not perfect. But we both had a friend in common, who was the opposite of us. This friend was consistent and grounded and gave us some tips. But Stephanie and I relationship stood the test of time. We taught each other art of laughter, being silly, kindness and healing.

As the years went by in our teens, we bonded and cared for each other. We also started to be real with each other. I still remember meeting up with each her, after school in the shopping centre eating donuts (something we both would never ever dream of admitting eating that crap now). Constantly roaring and laughing about something naughty, checking out other blazer school boys like us, blazer school girls. Most of the time they wouldn't look at us, we didn't care; we had milkshakes and donuts! The truest of fact.

We're now getting older, and hopefully a little wiser. We've gone through so much, but what breaks our hearts is the fact we live on different sides of the world. And everyday we look out of our window pain wondering, “what is she doing?” So, frantically we email each other on our phones about anything, but most of all our deepest darkest secrets. I tell her to be a little kinder and she tells me to stop dreaming. I'm a idealist; she's a realist.

Most of all she is my bestest!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a beautiful friendship between you and Stephanie!! Some people go their whole lives and never have a friend as close as you two are to each other. Very special post Sunny!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Thanks Louise. She is very special.

    ReplyDelete